Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Gas Prices are Changing the Way I Do Business

Any business requiring travel and commuting will feel the impact of rising gas prices. I service clients all over the county and because of the rising costs I've made significant changes to my marketing strategy and how I schedule for client appointments. I have geographically altered where I actively market and how appointments are made.

All business in a particular area happens on the same day. In the past I serviced my clients within a 24 hour period and now I've extended that to 48 hours so I may properly schedule. Because I have the greatest clients ever this small change has saved me time and lowered my gas expense.

Sometime it is the smallest changes that make the greatest impact. Doing the small things to reduce expenses keeps me from raising the price of my services to compensate. As a matter of fact, I am now in position to pass on the savings to my customers.

LaGina - OutdoorLights.com


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Teresa M said...

LaGina,

I just wanted to say that I commend you for finding a way to "beat" the rising prices at the pump AND still continue great customer service with your clients.

Yes, by taking a bit more time to coordinate your routes will make it easier on your "gas" pocket book.

Also, do you have a way that you "pre qualify" your customers as well?

I think that FL is the highest in the nation now except for CA, correct?

Thank you for the post.

P.S. And the nice comment to me at eMoms at Home blog.